Women’s Health, Bioidentical Hormones
The stages of a woman’s life have unique issues, particularly related to wellness and prevention. Paying attention to lifestyle choices, risk assessment and unique symptoms that women have is a major emphasis at NIMC.
The major life stages for women are
- Adolescence – the pre-teen and teen years
- Pregnancy and child bearing
- Perimenopause and menopause
- Aging – specific issues for women
Issues to Consider
- What are MY risk factors and what can I do?
- What are the signs of heart disease and how are they different in women?
- What can I do to reduce my risk of Breast and other cancers?
- Heart disease is the number one killer of women – prevention and risk reduction is possible.
Some Common Questions NIMC Can Address
- When should I get a Mammogram?
- Do you prescribe bio-identical hormone?
- Do you test my hormone level?
- The Basics: healthy eating, exercise and stress management are the most important.
- Building those healthy habits into your daily life is a major emphasis at IMC.
- Build strong bones with enough calcium, magnesium and vitimin D starting early in your teens. 1000 IU of vitimin D is the new recommendation.
- As a teenager, limit soda drinks and caffeine that take the calcium out of your bones.
- For perimenopausal women, putting priority on your health can be very challenging, having spent several decades taking care of everyone else. Making that transition is a major emphasis at NIMC.
- As a mature woman there are different issues to face: How to stay healthy and active; what to do.
- Now that the family is grown and I made it thru menopause; what are my risk factors for health problems?
- Come in, lets talk.
TESTIMONIAL ~ “I have never felt so cared for and so heard. My whole outlook has improved.”