Ray Wilbur, DC
When Chiropractic treatment is part of a sound overall lifestyle, you maximize your innate ability to be healthy. Dr. Wilbur addresses the care and maintenance of the nerves, muscles, and joints in the body, an often-overlooked aspect of health.
Chiropractic utilizes the body’s inherent ability to heal and stay well. Dr. Wilbur’s primary initial focus is rapid symptom relief/reduction in as few visits as possible, followed up with self-care and preventive strategies.
Chiropractic Can Benefit
- Back, Neck & Joint Pain
- Arm, Leg, Foot Pain, or Tingling
- Stiffness following Accidents or Falls
- Sports Injuries – Overuse or Misuse
- Motor Vehicle Injuries
Dr. Wilbur has been in private practice since 1984. He is a founding member of IMC and a very active member on the IMC team. He has actively served in a leadership capacity with the California Chiropractic Association since 1997, as Chairman of Ambassadors Committee with the Santa Rosa Chamber of Commerce, and has chaired the Health and Safety Programs with the local American Red Cross.
An initial session with Dr. Wilbur is typically 1 hour, and includes an orientation, patient history, and examination. Treatment is usually provided on the first day as well. X-rays are typically not required. In the vast majority of cases, the patient remains clothed for examination and treatment.
Dr. Wilbur utilizes numerous treatment techniques, one of which includes traditional osseous or “popping” type adjustments. Typically, treatment type will be dictated by the patient’s overall condition, response and preferences. Regardless of method, rarely is there any discomfort with treatment. Ideally, as part of treatment, there will be a discussion of factors that impact the need for care; e.g. improper sitting or sleeping causing increased treatment frequency.
- Sacro Occipital Technique (SOT)
- Thompson or Drop Table
- Extremity Adjusting (various)
- Myofascial Release
- Active Care Modalities (exercise, stretching, trigger wheel)
- Physiotherapy Modalities (intersegmental traction, ultrasound, electronic muscle stimulation)
The Theory of Chiropractic Practice Includes
- The structure of the body can influence the function of the body.
- Chiropractic work adjusts the structure so the body can function more normally.
- The two types of care are Relief Care and Rehabilitative Care.
- In quick onset, uncomplicated conditions, relief care is all that is needed and may only need a few visits.
- Rehabilitative Care is longer. Sometimes less frequent visits are needed and there is usually a home program.
The structure of the body can influence the function of the body. Chiropractic work adjusts the structure so the body can function more normally. The two types of care are Relief Care and Rehabilitative Care. In quick onset, uncomplicated conditions, relief care is all that is needed and may only need a few visits. Rehabilitative Care is longer. Sometimes less frequent visits are needed and there is usually a home program.
Also available from Dr. Wilbur
- Custom-made foot orthotic devices to address foot/ankle issues that can perpetuate spinal problems.
- Variety of exercise, massage and soft tissue tools for self-care to reduce treatment need.
- Orthopedic supports/splints to assist with injury recovery or self-management of chronic conditions.
- BS and DC – Los Angeles College of Chiropractic, 1983
- Undergraduate – College of Marin
- U.S. Army 25th Infantry Division -1971-1973
- Polarity Therapy Training – Hawaii, 1974-1977
- Numerous post-graduate training – Industrial Relations, 100 Year Lifestyle, Spinal Biomechanics
- Private practice in Santa Rosa since 1984
TESTIMONIAL ~ “I have been going to chiropractors most of my adult life and have never found one as good as Dr. Wilbur. I always leave his office feeling much better than when I entered and very importantly, he has never hurt me while adjusting me.”