Who Can Benefit From a B–12 Shot?
- People who experience: fatigue, cold and flu, thyroid/adrenal imbalance, anxiety, depression, menopause, acne, allergies, psoriasis, nerve pain, obesity, heart disease, Gastro-Intestinal disorders; many more acute and chronic disorders.
- Vegans and vegetarians (almost all sources of B-12 come from animal products), elderly, athletes, and people with lots of stress.
- Anyone looking for an immune system boost.
- Those with any gastrointestinal issue: (Irritable Bowel Syndrome, food allergies, Celiac, GERD/heartburn/indigestion, ulcers, gastritis).
- Those with chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, asthma, allergies, cardiovascular disease.
- Those with neuropathies – tingling sensation in fingers, toes or face.
- Those taking many types of medications and drugs including: Alcohol (esp. alcoholics), Antibiotics, Birth control pills, H2 Blockers: Cimetidine (Tagamet), famotidine (Pepcid), Ranitidine (Zantac), Metformin, Nicotine, Nitrous Oxide, some anti-convulsive, some anti-virals, and more.
In addition to B-12, your shot can include other important factors. Possible Add-Ons include: B-6, B-Complex, & Magnesium.
Click below for location information and to learn more about B-12!
Integrative Medical Clinic of Santa Rosa -175 Concourse Blvd. Santa Rosa every Thursday, 4pm to 6pm.
- “B-12 shots have been more effective in improving and stabilizing my mood than years of a variety of anti-depressant medications."
- “I am 65 and my energy has been getting better. But even more than that, my memory seems much better."
- "Excellent, friendly staff! Love it! Highly recommended!"
- "I have never had so much energy! I’ve been getting shots for 4 weeks now and I just feel so much better! And the magnesium has been helping me so much with my sore muscles!"
- "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!"
- "Helps my energy and concentration and I do feel great."
Now open the 1st Saturday of every month from 10AM – noon!
The Immune Boost ShotA potent combination of Vitamin D and Engystol, a homeopathic immune stimulating medication. Vitamin D will increase your immune system’s white blood cell production, antibody production, and immune proteins that together help destroy viruses, bacteria, and infected cells. Engystol consists of a proprietary blend of swallowort, an herb that has been associated with the stimulation of host defense mechanisms, and sulphur, a mineral used for inflammatory conditions, skin, liver, respiratory, and gastrointestinal complaints. This special preparation has been shown to reduce or eliminate flu, feverish symptoms, and speed relief from common cold symptoms. $30 (reg. $35)
Medical CitationsHuman Research (in vivo):
- Faster symptomatic improvement from common cold symptoms when compared with conventional therapies (antihistamines, antitussives, and nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs). Schmiedel V, Klein P. A complex homeopathic preparation for the symptomatic treatment of upper respiratory infections associated with the common cold: An observational study. Explore (NY). 2006 Mar;2(2):109-14.
- Reducing or eliminating flu or feverish symptoms, both in combination with and without allopathic medications. Herzberger G, Weiser M: Homeopathic Treatment of Infections of Various Origins: A Prospective Study. Biomedical Therapy 1997, 14:123-127.
- Reduced frequency of upper respiratory tract infections (aka colds/flu) and decreased need for corticosteroid use in patients with asthma. Matusiewicz, R., The effect of a homeopathic preparation on the clinical condition of patients with corticoid-dependent bronchial asthma, translated from original publication in Biologische Medizin, 1995, 242-4.
- Engystol inhibited the replication of a variety of respiratory viruses. Roeska K, Seilheimer B. Antiviral activity of Engystol® and Gripp-Heel®: an in-vitro assessment. J Immune Based Ther Vaccines. 2010 Nov 16;8:6.
- Engystol stimulates the secretion of IFN-γ by T-lymphocytes by 24%. Enbergs, H., Effects of the homeopathic Preparation Engystol on Interferon-γ Production by Human T-Lymphocytes, Immunological Investigations, 35; 19-27, 2006.
- Engystol inhibits the viral proliferation of different viruses – including Herpes simplex virus (HSV-1) inhibited by almost 80%, adeno-5-virus (A5V) inhibited by almost 60% and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) by almost 40%. Oberbaum, M. et al, Antiviral Activity of Engystol: An In Vitro Analysis, The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, vol. 11, No 5, 855-862, 2005.
- Engystol stimulates the secretion of lymphokine(s). Fimiani V, et al. Immunomodulatory effect of the homoeopathic drug Engystol-N on some activities of isolated human leukocytes and in whole blood. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 2000 Feb;22(1):103-15.
- Engystol increases the activity of granulocytes by 33%. Wagner, H. et al, Die Beeinflussung der Phagozytosefähigkeit von Granulozyten durch homöopathische Arzneipräparate, Drug Research, 36 (II), 9, 1421-1425, 1986.
- Asthma case study, treated with Engystol to very favorable results: Case Report: The Use of Injectable Homeopathy for Asthma.
- Heilmann A. An injectable combined medication (Engystol N) as a prevention against the flu [Ein injizierbares Kombinationspräparat (Engystol N) als Prophylaktikum des grippalen Infekts]. Biologische Medizin 1992;21:225-9.
Dr. Dana Michaels, ND helps her patients live happier and healthier lives using naturopathy. By working with nature, her goal is to help you nourishes your body and mind, support your body’s natural processes, increase immune system, restore deficiencies, decrease inflammation and repair any damaged tissues so your body can work like it is suppose to. With Dr. Dana Michaels ND, It is not about surviving, it’s about living! To learn more about Dr. Michaels, please visit drdanamichaels.com.
Laura P. Moore, ND, MSAOM, L.Ac. Dr. Laura Moore combines both Eastern and Western natural medicine in caring for her patients. Dr. Moore is a board-certified Naturopathic Doctor, and Asian Medicine Practitioner and Acupuncturist. She provides both general and specialty natural medicine for acute and chronic health conditions. Dr. Moore blends a scientific background in Biochemistry and Naturopathic Medicine with the ancient wisdom of Asian Medicine. Dr. Moore received her doctoral degree in Naturopathic Medicine, and Masters in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine at Bastyr University in Seattle, Washington and holds a BS in Biochemistry.