Inflammation, swelling and pain in any joint is arthritis. Many conditions including fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, gout, tendon and muscle injuries can be treated with similar approaches. Even some skin disorders are related to the inflammatory conditions of arthritis.
Issues to Consider
- Be clear about the diagnosis
- Consider all the symptoms, not just joint symptoms
- Emotional and stress contribution to symptoms
Common Questions IMC Can Address
- What else is there to treat my symptoms than ibuprofen?
- My mother was very disabled from arthritis, will I be?
- What exercise should I do?
- Increase anti-inflammatory foods
- For osteoarthritis, try acetomenophen (Tylenol) instead of ibuprofen (Advil)
- Try high dose omega-3 fatty acid supplements
- Consider anti-inflammatory supplements
- Work to have a regular exercise routine
TESTIMONIAL ~ “I just wanted to say thank you. You changed my pain level from really high to just about zero. I was impressed; you made my life so much easier. I am able to use my hand and arm. Thank you for being so knowledgeable, so warm and so understanding.”